Sunday, September 18, 2005

my cellphones

Well, here we go again. All of you reading this blog now have a new reason to clobber me with your shoes and slippers because I've changed my cellphone. Again. I know I've been changing cellphones way too often than I should but hey, it's not my call(no pun intended)! It's my dad's decision anyway and no, there isn't anyone on earth(not even YOU), who will reject a father's offer to bless you with something cool. Meet my new friend, the Sony Ericsson K700i:

Free Image Hosting at www.kth.cx

Yeah... I know this thing just screams, "LOOK AT ME!!! LOOK AT ME SHINY COLOUR!" It's in gaudy and flashy silver, metallic looking and very 'industrial' roughy look. It may seem like it weighs a ton and if you lob this phone at a dog, it might even die but that's not the point. This phone has everything that I wish a phone can ever do. It takes beautiful pictures, records videos, plays mp3s, has bluetooth, infrared, makes breakfast for you in the morning and fetches you the newspaper and letters everyday. This phone is simply amazing and I hope that this one will actually last till it dies off(literally) and I would have a better partnership with this instead of my last SE phone, the T630.

For those who would like to have an idea of what my cellphone history is, take a look below, where I've listed out all the phones that I've used for the past 2-3 years and a little description and my experiences with them.

Nokie 3310.
My first phone.
2002.

Free Image Hosting at www.kth.cx


This is my first ever phone that got passed down to me from my sisters and mom. I used to spend ages fiddling with it just to compose ringtones using my newfound knowledge of MUSIC! Interesting little thing and I used to kick-ass with Space Impact and Snake.

Nokia 3350.
Mine for 15 minutes.
2002.


Free Image Hosting at www.kth.cx

This is one of the first phones to have animated screen savers for its time. It's so amazing that my eldest sister took it off me while it's brand new for her ownself. Well, I was angry for a while until 2003. When I got THIS:

Nokia 3100.
Ze first colour phone.
2003.


Free Image Hosting at www.kth.cx


This is the first phone that I've ever used with colours! It was so cool and looks trendy. It even GLOWS IN THE DARK! I mean, come on! How many phones that actually have casing THAT GLOWS IN THE DAMN DARK?! Well, here's one. I used it for about 2-3 months until I have to give it to my 2nd sister because she needed a phone. Not too bad having to part with it cause my dad promised me a new phone. "Cool."

Nokia 3200.
Let's party like the funk soul brotha'
2003.


Free Image Hosting at www.kth.cx

In all seriousness, I really do think this phone is more of a love/hate phone where you will either like the look of it or totally hate it. For me personally, I think it looks terrible with the unorthodox oval buttons that will mess up any self-proclaimed SMS-god. However, this is also the first phone that I've ever found to have voice recording function. Anyhow, I passed this phone on to my younger sister and I got my very first quality phone.

Sony Ericsson T630.
Almost. Almost perfect.
2004.


Free Image Hosting at www.kth.cx

Words cant describe how much I love this phone. It was so good! So jam packed with features and functions that will make any school children scream in excitement. T630's predecessor, the T610 actually recieved the phone of the year award for 2003 for best phone design. T630 may not be as trendy looking as its older brother but it has a better screen although the features are pretty much the same. It has a nice camera but a tiny disk space(who in the name of Bob thinks that 2MB is enough for a cellphone with camera?!). Anyway, my joy didn't last very long because the screen cracked on me. Twice. I was really really upset that my dad had to trade in this phone and gave me my mom's crappy Sagem.

Sagem my X5-2.
The black sheep.
2004.

Free Image Hosting at www.kth.cx

This is definitely one of the WORST phone I've ever used. The only good thing I can find about this phone is that it has a fast camera shutter speed and the whle phone is pretty fast and not laggy. Other than that, it has a tiny disk space(4MB), ugly colours(dont let the picture above decieve you) and STUPIDLY CONFUSING MENUS. This thing 'accidentally' delete all my saved messages and pictures once. Well, come to think about this, if I've never used such a crappy phone, I wouldn't have appreciated all of my other phones. Especially with the K700i.

God is good. :)

1 comment:

michelle said...

and this is guy who says life being stressful? ish.