Thursday, December 22, 2005

car accident

I was driving along Jalan Laksamana as usual after I dropped Ryan and Chris off the Nairs residence. Then I saw a dog by the road side. If you know how I drive, I always let go of the gas and brake a little in case the dog ran into my way. So, I did just that and I saw the dog turned the other way. So, I thought it's probably okay to hit the accelerator again. Of all the times and days in the world, the dog decided to turn back suddenly and ran in front of me.

So, dog + moving car = BAM!

*grinding sound*

*hits the brake really hard*

*loud screeching sound*

*car comes to a halt*

I got off the car and I saw a middle-age man with and umbrella by the side of the road. I'm not the kind of guy who runs off irresponsibly after I get involved in any kind of accident. Today is no different. I got down, still in shock and panic, ask the man who is the owner of the dog. The man said that it's his. I immediately apologised to him.

"Sorry, uncle... I'm very sorry about your dog."
"It's okay. It's not your fault. It's the dog's fault."
"I'm really sorry, uncle. Very very sorry."
"It's okay. It's the dog's fault. The dog turned back and ran into your way. It's okay."


I shook his hands and got on my way. I went home and found out that both my front tires are smoking from the inside. I probably toasted my brakepads after attempting to stop in time.

This really sucks.

On a brighter note, we finally got the permit for caroling from the chief clerk. Hooray.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In response to jean's comment in the wrong link(heh), I know the dog died cause it just stopped moving and stop jerking around. The owner just took the dog by it's legs and brought it into his house.

Anonymous said...

Yuck. I'm not an animal lover.