Friday, November 02, 2007

MPPPU Farewell Dinner 2007

Well, yesterday's dinner marked our graduation from our Form 6 studies as we continue to prepare for our STPM Examinations(Oh God help me). It's nice to see everyone unwind themselves for the night and having the whole thing hosted in Prime City's Jupiter Ballroom, which is also the biggest and coldest, gave everyone and excuse to dress up; and for some, to dress down... till almost well, nevermind.

As usual, the food served at the dinner was less than spectacular but considering the price that we paid, RM30, there isn't much room to complain. Hey, you gotta "eat what's on the table", isn't it? I believe Jun Jiat, who is the new President of MPPPU, and his team did a good job eventhough there was a bit of a hitch here and there during the event. But things could have been much worse but it didn't and the team handled all their situations well. So, that's all good.

I personally believe the performances this year was certainly much better than last year's dinner, probably because most of them are my own friends. For those of you who were there, I'm sure you will agree that Cheng Yee's song was fantastic and incredibly hilarious. Also, Mohan did a flawless performance of Michael Jackson's dance. He was incredible. And let's not forget about Elween and Hui Mun's wonderful opera performance.

Man, so many great performances and things to talk about. Rather than typing a butt load of text and ridiculous nonsense, please allow me to post pictures from last night's dinner and much thanks to WOON CHERK (visit his fantastic blog @ panorazzi.com/colorfool) for all the pictures that you will see here. The pictures that I will be posting here are mainly taken before and after the dinner with friends and stuff. As for pics taken DURING the dinner such as speeches, prizes and awards, I will try to get them from Miss Neo or the new MPPPU board and then put them up here for everyone's enjoyment. I will probably have to pay for the pics though. *cross hands*

So, hope you will enjoy these pictures!

I present to you, my class: PU2 F3


Not very graceful, I know, but everyone's got to do it.


Here's Cheng Yee presenting his very own song about the Form 6 life.
Fantastic stuff.


From left: Cheng Yee, Mei San and I.


From left: Boon Cheik, K'Chai, Woon Cherk


Hui Beng and I. Hui Beng is possibly the best dressed girl in the event. Possibly.
She's also in the MPPPU 06/07 board too.


Lee Ping and I. Trustworthy Treasurer of ELS 2006/07.


From left: K'Chai, Woon Cherk, Lee Ping, Miss Neo, Hui Beng, Cheng Yee.


Daniel and I. I finally figured out what made Daniel looked so different last night.
It's his hair and he dyed it with a little bit of blue. Vain.

Chee Yong and I. He's a fantastic guy.


And once again, I present to you, PU2F3.

It's a pity that I couldn't take pictures with everyone. I wish I could. Still, there are plenty more pictures with the new board and I will try to get it from them as soon as possible. Woo...


Some of my final thoughts about the dinner:
I felt happy for everyone because one of the toughest period of our life is finally over and at the same time I'm so proud of everyone when I was up the stage giving my final speech. Being the President of the old board, I had lots of opportunity to speak in front of people and also be able to share my ideas and thoughts with all the students. Standing in front of everyone whom I have tried so hard to care* for and to be able to talk to everyone as a group for the last time makes me really glad that I have decided to stay in Form 6 and to take up the responsibility and the position on the board. I don't regret my decision and I'm glad that I stood by it and have my friends stood by my side and I struggled with all the different dealings and things that I have to put up with.

* Well, not in a motherly way or anything like that but rather more of wanting to protect, take care and stand up for them kind of way. You know what I mean.

WARNING: Some sensitive stuff below:
Having been the President of the board, I have never spoken about the cons of being in this position. So, I'm going to take this opportunity to take it off my chest and maybe some of you will be able to understand what I actually go through.

These 1 and a half years in Form 6 have taught me many new things. Things that are practical as well as the human character. Most of the people I know are great people but nevertheless one has to face the dark side of the human character sometimes.

I have made many new friends indeed. I can see some of these people as my friends forever but there's always this little thought in me that makes me wonder a lot about my relationship with others. I see so many of them as friends and I would go all out to help them and believe me, I have at times almost have to give up an arm or a leg to get some of them out of trouble. But do they take me as a friend? Or am I just some random guy that they will have to respect just because he's a 'president and smiles a whole lot than the other teachers'.

I know I probably shouldn't look at things like this but I would be really stupid and ignorant to take it out of the equation altogether. When I look back at the things that I have done, it's almost as if it's a "horse and a cart" situation: I have many friends and because of that I did my best and do everything to help and at the same time as I do those things, I made many new friends.

My dear friends, whether you really take me as a friend or not, I will still look at you and treat you as a friend. I will call you brothers and some of you sisters. 20 years on, when we all lead our own lives, I will still look back to these pictures and think of the wonderful times we had.

I guess that's what you get when you become a 'public figure'. You form so many new relationships but you will have a hard time trying to tie things up when things have to come to an end. I guess it all takes practice and to me, this is one of my first steps in life and I'm glad I have taken these steps well.

I have done my best and I hope that my best is good enough for all of you. Well, all the best fellas and let's kick STPM's ass together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey... u r my fren... ^^

- d guy sitting beside u in class -