Saturday, July 30, 2005

the reason

"Eh...why didn't go YF? Study arh?"
"Nolah..."
"Then? Your parents banned you, is it?"
"Kind of..but not really."
"See? People ask you to study and you don't and now your parents banned you from going to YF. Serves you right!"
"No, I wasn't banned, dammit."
"Then?"

Many often wonder why didn't I go to YF? Why have I been skipping it as if I don't really care or it's not important in my life anymore? Many would also be quick to say that I'm being a terrible example to the younger ones for them to follow and next time, they might skip YF just because exam is near. People will label me a 'Submarine Christian'. High for a while then submerge into the depths when exam is near.

So far, it has been a tug-o-war between Commitment and Obedience. Commitment made between God and I that I'll attend YF even when exam is near, that I'll be an example for people to follow and etc... I'm sure all of you are familiar with the importance of keeping to one's commitment and a commitment made is not be forsaken easily. However, on the other hand, I have Obedience. "Obedience is better than sacrifice," says the Bible. True, so by obeying to my parents wish, I'm pleasing God far more than a sacrifice would if the sacrifice isnt according to the wish of my parents. Commitment calls me to youth meeting every Saturday and fulfill my promise and my commitment but Obedience is yelling after me telling me that I have to stay at home and study. "STAY AT HOME AND STUDY," says the mom. To prevent me from going out, she took the car and went shopping.

What gives?

I've had a talk with Rhesus and he said it's all down to credibility. You see, there are many seasons in one's life. The book of Ecclesiates said, "There is a time for everything." So, at this season of my life, my parents and my studies are very important. Obedience to my parents should be quite high on my list in order to please God. Going to YF and sacrifice my time of studying to be in communion with His followers pleases God, definitely but there is also a call for obedience to my parents.

The solution? Imagine this: If I still force my way out and push my luck to go to YF, then one day my parents will explode and say(or yell), "THAT'S IT. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO YF OR CHURCH OR GAMES ANYMORE. THAT'S IT. YOU'RE GROUNDED. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO THIS OR THAT OR THIS OR THAT OR ETC.... ANYMORE. YOU ARE TO STUDY AND STUDY AND STUDY UNTIL YOUR BRAINS BLED ALPHABETS."

or

"Mom, I'll stop going to YF from now on just for you but that doesn't mean I'm giving up my time for church on Sunday morning. I will give up my Saturday until the exam finishes." Then spring time will come and the flowers will bloom, the winds will blow and all will be fine.

So, which one gives more 'credibility' to your(in this case, my) parents? Which option would allow me to be a better witness to a family with a majority of non-believers? I've decided not to push my luck.

Thanks for your time for reading and here are some pictures of the latest Ferrari in their current (limited) line of production, the F430:


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

5 comments:

michelle said...

i tell you..this blog is terrible! so deceptive! i came expecting dancing screws and they don't 'joget' here! lol
nvm-lah..only 3 more mths..n besides..what ppl think doesn;t dictate what kind of person you are

KingChai said...

apparently, my absence not only causes people to snigger at me but also create stupid reasons and conclusions to why didnt i go to yf.

i think im pretty useless at the moment. ppl making shit up but i dont know how to tell them.

Anonymous said...

hey King Chai... erm... i think your blog is... erm.. maybe i don't really understand some stuff here and there are just tooooooooo many words to read... yah but it's ok... erm.. about the word "fuck" i think you should not use it thought it's just a word... asking too many questions may be dangerous too... somebody said that... yah ok lah...

from now on i won't ask you why you didn't go to YF... yah

Anonymous said...

Hmm...notice that the majority of your readers are girls...At least the screws in ur head are not to active..;P

KingChai said...

so.... is that a good thing or a bad thing? ;)