Monday, August 01, 2005

expiry date soon?

Am I going to die soon?
Is the end near for me?

After being whacked out and depressed for the past Saturday and Sunday, today has been exceptionally well. I got an A1 for my Pend. Moral for the first time in a long time after a long run of C5 and C6. I didn't get my butt kicked for not completing my Modern Maths homework(I forgot, really) and I had an afternoon nap, which totally made my day. Although everything may be just a dream but I'm pretty much left with a 'satisfied' feeling inside me. Like I've completed my life.

But life isn't that short or easy to complete, right? I still have higher education, work and family to think about. Mich gave me some really good points to think about last night. How can you love someone without thinking about them? Hmm... If God is the standard measure, there can be some problems too; like what kind of aspect? Everything? I'm thinking... So, standards = bad, no standards = bad All in all, having a standard measure can be a bad thing and not having one would be pretty bad as well. So, the conclusion is: we become. Man, that's a lot to think about. As the standard measure, there is no above and no bottom.

We Become.

It can bring a lot of meaning to just a short phrase(maybe not even a phrase). Well, we become what, when and why? Many of you are familiar with the book Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. The book gave many interesting insights on the 5 main purposes in life: Mission, Worship, Discipleship, Fellowship and Ministry but it seems to me that it isn't as complete as I wanted it to be. Probably it's because it doesn't include the "Live-it-out" part cause that one I'll have to work on it on my own.

I'm trying to slowly digest all the stuff that I've heard yesterday but there's a little too much for me to handle at the moment. With a guy like this, what can possibly go wrong:


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Have a nice day... Cheers!

No comments: