Monday, August 01, 2005

cleaned up

After a long while, I've finally taken the time off my busy schedule(yeah, right) to give Michelle a nice thorough clean up and polish as well as covering it with a thick layer of gold. Okay, I lied on the last part but the bass is so much cleaner and better looking now, heh.

Behold, I present to you the CLEAN Michelle:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Took me a while to get everything nice and shiny.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
First, we shall start with the headstock. As you can see, I took the trouble to use cottonbuds to clean up these little nooks.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
I don't have a chrome polish liquid thing. So, I used lighter fluid instead to clean this up. Looks pretty neat now compared to before.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
The sticker's still there cause if I tear it off, it's going to ruin the bass. I dont mind having my name on it, anyway. Note that I've also used a black marker to blacken the masking tape wrapping around my strap. No more zebra-like thing :)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Time to oil the strings in....ages.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Took me a while to realise that I was taking the picture the other way around.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
There you go. A much more 'artistic' picture.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
The back of the headstock. Didn't really put much effort into cleaning this as I was getting bored after 1 hour of cleaning and polishing.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
The metal plate that joins the neck and the body together(I think). It looks pretty bad now because of wear and tear.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Another shot of the black wrapping around the strap to prevent it from falling out on it's own. It's actually BLACK now, heh.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Mich's sticker's still there. It looks all beaten up cause of friction when I play the bass. Anyhow, for the same reason as my name's sticker, I left it there and promptly fixed it up with more tapes.

And that would be it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aish..doeng, doeng

KingChai said...

i'm such a bored and lonely man.