Saturday, November 26, 2005

brake... Brake! BRAKE, DAMMIT!!!! BRAKE!!!!

That's it. My car is now officially a suicide machine if not handled carefully. I just got my car serviced about a week ago and I was told that the brake pad's gone. So, fine, I got it changed after having only 1 incident of the car not braking. The incident wasn't too bad considering there wasn't any cars around and even if I die due to brake malfunction, no one would be hurt. But that's not the point. Anyway, after changing all my brake pads and stuff, they whole thing cost about RM76 or so. Pretty cheap, I thought as I would imagine it cost upwards of RM150.

Fast forward to the recent Thursday. I was driving around peacefully until some oaf in front of me jammed his brakes. Instinctively I jammed mine as well and I heard a crunching sound. Not much of worry from me cause the brakes still work fine. Told my father about it and my mom also mentioned that she had some kind of trouble with the car as well. So, finally(well, yesterday) my father told me to send the car to the workshop to find out what's wrong . The foremen gave the car a little drive around and told me that they didn't find anything wrong with the car. I thought maybe it's my mind playing games with me. Anyway, the mechanics went ahead and cleared out all the brake oil and refilled the pump with new oil hoping that it would solve the problem(in case I have air bubbles in the oil). Ever since that, my car drives like a crazy suicide machine. 1 out of 3 times I press the brake, the car simply refuses to brake. I know.... I had the "What the hell?!" look on my face plenty of times and I almost bought the farm.

BUT!

Thou shalt no longer worrieth about sitting in my suicide machine cause my dad just sent the car back to the workshop to have the car fixed and be given a thorough check-up. Turns out that the master brake pump system is kaput. THE MASTER BRAKE PUMP SYSTEM! Whoa. Sounds a mouthful but it's gonna cost me around RM80 or so. Fair enough. I rather pay much higher than that to have a braking system that will never fail.

That's it for today. 7 down and 3 more subjects to go!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, now that your car's fixed, you can drive me around! Right? Right? ;)

michelle said...

yay! maybe the car doors will fall off next and your dad will buy u a volvo..or a nice RavJ :P tell him the car's jinxed or something
and oh..yes..I'm back!

KingChai said...

Yeah, sure! I can even give the whole world a ride! But you know, mich is right. The car door DID have a problem but it didn't fall off as anticipated cause then I would really get a new car(you wish). Just the the 5th door(the back one) got 'pushed' to the side or something. And now it can't be opened without cracking. So... boo....