Monday, July 03, 2006

what makes you think you're right?

Like the title suggest, what makes you think your judgement is right? Many times I've seen people(heck, even in the youth group) getting labeled as unfaithful Christian or not walking right just because their involvement in the youth is lacking hence, the lack of 'attention' or 'priviledges' from others in the group. I think this is a worrying trend because who gives you the right to label one person as a 'good' Christian or a 'bad' or even 'back-sliding' Christian? People always assume that a person is walking right with God because he/she is involved greatly in the youth ministry and another person isn't walking as right as the other just because he/she ISN'T playing a big part in the group.

Well, this just seems wrong. Why?

Always remember this verse from the Bible: "In the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Yes, I'm guilty of passing on judgement on others and one day unless I repent, the very same way I judged others, God will judge me with my own ridiculous measure. I have learned a great lesson about it during the past year or so and I've come to realise how unfair things can be at times for people, who have been misunderstood.

Because of that, they could feel neglected and not belonged. They may very well be people who are working hard on THEIR own ministry in school or at home but because of all that misunderstanding and lack of fair treatment, they may even falter. They will seem so small in everyone's eyes.

And because they seem so tiny, and unimportant just because they don't play much role in your GREAT plan, they will always be the last to recieve any kind treatment that's been given to others, who seem so openly 'serving' in the group.

Remember, "Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me." Mathew 25-40.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, Boon. What you wrote sounds a lot like judgement too.

Anonymous said...

Like where?

Anonymous said...

eh..ryan, you never did tell me your blog link...:P (yes i know, totally unrelated to sub here..)

Anonymous said...

mich: lairofthepotato.blogspot.com

boon:

1. You're generalizing, which is never a good thing.

2. What makes you think these people are judging you? It would be more accurate to say that you FEEL judged and not that they ARE judging you (of course, I say this as if you are the one we're talking about, just an example) Yes, I know this is your blog and you have the right to say what you want, but still, I guess more caution is needed.

Also, out of curiosity, what privileges and attention are you refering to?

Anonymous said...

mich: lairofthepotato.blogspot.com

boon:

I guess you're more assuming rather that judging, sorry for the wrong use of words. Two things:

1. You're generalizing, which is never a good thing.

2. What makes you think these people are judging you? It would be more accurate to say that you FEEL judged and not that they ARE judging you (of course, I say this as if you are the one we're talking about, just an example) Yes, I know this is your blog and you have the right to say what you want, but still, I guess more caution is needed.

When you refer to "you" and "your" you don't specify who you're talking about. That's dangerous. People may misunderstand and start assuming themselves.

Also, out of curiosity, what privileges and attention are you refering to?

Anonymous said...

sorry, double post

refer to second post