Monday, May 07, 2007

bad habits

They say bad habits are easy to pick up but hard to put down. I say that is very true.

I have a very strange bad habit and in a moment you'll know why. I have read multiples articles, studies and discussions on the human habit and the psychology of the human mind because these things interests me a lot. Plus, as a magician, it gives me an invaluable advantage over my spectators to know what are they thinking and how they will react even before they know it themselves through mere suggestions of words and thoughts as well as their body language. Thus, bad habits and other psychological 'disorders' interests me as well.

I wouldn't call my bad habit a disorder. I really annoying bad habit maybe but not until the stage of a disorder. So, what's my problem?

I LOVE to rearrange my things. I really like things to be tidy but if you come over to my house and look at my living area you'll think I'm a messy hobo. In fact, I sometimes fail to even look for things that I have put down moments ago. That's how messy my drawers and even tables can get but that's not that point. The point is, I only rearrange everything when I'm nearing exam or a deadline.

Just ask my mom and she will tell you exactly WHEN will I be sitting for any exam or tests; that is when I start to rearrange everything in my room, desk and everything. Where I place my books and notes never bothered me but once the exam is near, everything will get some sort of new arrangement. I would sort all my notes out(which I usually don't because.... hey, it's MY notes!) and file them accordingly.

My mom decided to name this bad habit of mine. She said it's called: LAZINESS.

Heh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

king chai..i seems to suffer the exact same symptoms as u..hehe