Thursday, May 17, 2007

the truth about Orientation 2007/2008

Here's the truth about the Orientation 2007/2008 for the juniors who just came into the school. I feel sorry for all of you and I truly apologise to any of you juniors who are reading this blog because Orientation this year is going stink.

I'm not one who pushes away his responsibilities and start pointing fingers at everything that goes wrong but rather I am one who cries over injustice and I try my very best to do what I think is right.

Last year, MPPPU 05/06 caught a lot of flak from the school's COUNSELING UNIT(HAHAHA) over the activities that they planned for us, the juniors back then. I thought the Orientation 2006/2007 was really good and I had a lot of fun. I made so many new friends and I think the Orientation planned by MPPPU 05/06 did what it's supposed to do.

So, fast forward to the beginning of the year, the school decided that the Counseling Unit will do it instead of MPPPU. Note that this has been decided WAYYY early in the beginning of the year. Then ONE WEEK AGO, the Counseling Unit wrote a memo to Miss Neo and told off one of my Directors for not preparing the time table for the Orientation 2007/2008. The said that it's MPPPU's job and not theirs and washed their hands off everything. Miss Neo was so angry, she went and had an argument with the 'counselors' about their responsibility that was given to them MONTHS ago. In the end, they decided to hold a meeting between the counselors, school and Miss Neo to settle this problem.

Turns out that the 2 morning session counselors who messed up disappeared and chickened out of the meeting and they got the poor afternoon session counselor to stand in instead. The GPK HEM, who is supposed to be in charge of this also pulled another disappearing act and got the GPK 1 to attend the meeting instead. In the end, there were only 3 people attending the meeting: GPK 1, afternoon session counselor and Miss Neo. Finally, it has been decided that it will be done by the Counseling Unit because it is their responsibility after all that has been entrusted to them since the beginning of the year and we, MPPPU will just help.

Fast forward till today, the 'counselors' didn't even bother to arrange the hall for the lower six students and from there onwards, everything went down the gutter. Loads of reshuffling of programs and talks because the main counselor was absent. I think he must have chickened out.

This one got me really ticked: MPPPU was supposed to teach the juniors how to sing the school song and my directors went around searching for the school song HIGH AND LOW all over the place and the lady counselor had the cheek to humiliate my directors and Miss Neo by calling Miss Neo 'rude' in their brief exchange of words and my directors passive and not proactive whereas they have been working their butts off. Bad case of false accusations and talking without using one's brain.

Then she(the lady counselor) complained everything to me again and said that she had taken the LIBERTY to look for the school song CD for us but little did she know, that SHE GOT US THE WRONG CD! It was embarrassing for us to have to fiddle around with the CD player trying to look for the non-existent track in front of all the juniors and I had to spend a lot of time 'stalling' and teaching the juniors a bunch of 'cheers' to lighten up the boring day(for them).

Finally, the AVA guys came to the rescue with the right CD. I think that's the first time these AVA guys ever did anything right. Well, any help is appreciate anyway, in times like these. Thankfully we got everything underway with the right CD.

I don't know what good came out of today. I think the reception from the juniors were pretty poor because they don't seem to like us very much. I think I talk too much but that's my job.

All in all, after everything's been said and done for the past two days, I have one conclusion to make: SOMEBODY IS TRYING REALLY HARD TO SCREW WITH US(MPPPU) AND HAVING A DAMN GOOD TIME MAKING US FRUSTRATED. Good job messing with us, but we are no where near the edge.

Well, here comes tomorrow...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think the juniours will understand...

Anonymous said...

ya..we do ah boon..relax..

Anonymous said...

Hey, the juniors like u guys (MPPPU)! serious!! me and my friends do feel boring during those speeches, but when u guys take over, we guys really enjoy!!

KingChai said...

Thanks, guys. Maybe I'm really over-reacting and just need to refocus my attention.

zhihow3 said...

juz relax ah boon..u r doing great!proud of seniors like u all lar!(abit mengampu dy)..haha

Anonymous said...

it must real tough for you but i am so proud that you made! i am really impressed and please don't have any negative thoughts anymore k. take care

gray said...

Miss Neo really risked a lot of a school profile to go head-to-head with the counsellors for the students. Getting in work politics is a no-no for promotions. She's a real-life GTO.
Anyway, teachers are humans also. They are not perfect. They come in all kinds also. But the worse kind are those who are inefficient and don't know it.

Anonymous said...

Jia you! we all understand that...we know all of u had tried urs best! but, after read this blog, i realize tat so many difficulties u met... I think no one will dare to be the leader of MPPPU next year... Gambateh 4 ur STPM!

~UcHiha_ByaKuYa~ said...

As a junior.... I think i should gv some encouragement n support u all frm MPPPU....
I like MPPPU, really.... Although i dislike STK
Thank You, Mr President of MPPPU!!