Friday, January 25, 2008

tales of horror from ipoh...

...and some other things in KL.

Like I've said before, traveling around all the time isn't exactly the best thing in the world because it is tiring and you're killing the environment along the way. Anyway, I'm really glad that I had the chance to go up to Ipoh to meet some of the nicest people that I've ever met and have the awesome and deservedly famous 'Taugeh Chicken'.

Anyway, you're probably wondering why did I title this as 'Tales of horror from Ipoh...' It's not so much because of the people or anything but rather the horror is from the public toilet at Medan Gopeng. I will spare you the gory and rather unsettling details but all I have to say is that one should be wary of all public toilets; especially the toilet bowls in the cubicles. Not all of them flush the way it should; ie downwards into the hole. What happened to me in Ipoh is that instead of the toilet bowl flushing the gunk down, EVERYTHING SHOOTS STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BLIMEY COW-RIPPING BOWL!

Thank God as I was fastening the zip on my pants, something or rather someone urged me to not stand in front of the bowl when I flush the bowl. And somehow my usually stubborn head decided to heed the advice and I stood a bit to the side when I pull the lever. The moment I pulled the lever, EVERYTHING SHOOTS OUT OF THE DAMN BOWL INTO THE DOOR IN FRONT OF IT. Good Lord, that was close.

If you want to know about the unsettling details, feel free to ask me about it.

Anyway, at the end of the day, the eyelids on our eyes are as heavy as a couple of 2-tonne trucks and naturally Cheng Yee and I crashed out at my auntie's place in KL. So, after a long and peaceful sleep, I woke up and I remembered that I have to iron my clothes before going to Brickfields to do some recording. So, I went to the back and saw Cheng Yee ironing his clothes and I thought, "Oh well... I'll wait for him to finish."

So, after Cheng Yee's turn, I had mine and I started to iron my shirt and pants. After struggling with it for HALF AN HOUR wondering why wouldn't the iron press out the creases then it hit me. I DID NOT TURN THE IRON ON.

*sigh*

Yes, I do know how to iron my own clothes.

I guess it's just one of those things that happen during one of those days. I have a feeling that this trip will be a lot more interesting than I thought.

No comments: