Sunday, June 18, 2006

inspiration

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Strange, how people often give up trying after failing to succeed. I suppose they focus a little too much on difficulty of the task instead of putting in even more effort in order to succeed. Maybe it's just me with my tons of overconfidence(which is proven in my personaldna.com test, which I will blog about sometime in the future). Or it could also be due to the lack of inspiration. I really don't know.

Well, of course, I give up all the time too and I really want to be able to stand strong in the face of adversities and improve myself even more in this area of my life.

It is also very strange that how things can affect or even inspire someone else by a huge margin. Take the guy on top as an example. His name is Bill Clements and he is a one handed bassist. You can check out one of his many performance videos on youtube.com. I've always thought to myself that with two hands and 10 fingers, I can do many amazing things on the bass(IF I'm good laa...) and it will be impossible for me to play without few of my fingers. Then I stumbled upon this video of Bill Clements playing and my jaw dropped. Well, I'm sure people would easily rate either Jaco Pastorius or Victor Wooten's playing wayyy above Mr. Clement's but with 5 fingers and a hand, that is amazing. There are lots to learn from this guy, my friends!

This man is amazing and you can definitely see the kind of effort that he has put in to play the bass. I'm sure he felt like giving up for a MILLION TIMES at least but he didn't. This guy definitely inspired me to take my playing up till the next level.

If you're a bassist and you're reading this, go pick up your instrument and play. For God.

No comments: