Sunday, June 04, 2006

recap

Wow... lot's of things have been happening lately.

Parent's Day would be on the 17th of June 2006 and yours sincerely would have to share on a topic that have yet to be discussed with the event coordinators(Pek Ying and Mei Qi). That's currently on top of my 'To-Do' list at the moment. Hmmpf... 2 weeks to prepare a 20-minute long sharing... Yikes. My first time too. *scratches head*

Anyway, besides that, there's also the whole badminton thingamajig. Every Sunday, a bunch of us, youths, would go to the Convent school here and play games/exercise/have fun. The youths could play anything; from football to captain ball to basketball to badminton. There aint many issues with all the other games at the moment besides badminton. Apparently, one has to pay to use the school's badminton court. "Fair play", I hear you say. You're right. It is only right to pay to use another person's property but I remember that back in the days, we were told that as long as we have Convent girls playing with us, we don't have to book the court. We've got tons of them playing. And so, we thought we don't have to book the court. Even the security guard said so. We continued like that for months, if I remember correctly. 2 weeks ago, while the youths were having fun playing badminton, 2 sisters(or nuns) came in their green Nun-mobile and blasted everyone present at the court. I wasn't there when they came because I was walking Yin Ying home because of something I can't remember. Which is good. If I was there, I might have clobbered them. Anyway, the moment they stepped in, they blasted everyone by accusing that we didn't pay to play on the court. Which is bull, because I did book the court for a whole month and many of the youths know that. By then I was at the court already. They claimed that they will NEVER loan the courts for a whole month... well, until I showed them the receipt, that is. Pity the others too. Just because we didn't book all the courts for the whole month(eh... money don't grow on trees), many of the youths didn't know that. So, they played anyway and got scolded by the Nuns of love and happiness. Ah well. It was a sad day. Daniel, his dad and I had to carry on to play because we did book the court for the month. But Daniel's dad didn't quite realise the awkwardness of the situation and insisted that we continue playing. It wasn't fun after that. Really.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAanyway, we've come to a conclusion of collecting as much money as we can from the people who wanna play badminton and book as many courts as we can for the month. I'm collecting RM5 per head for those who wanna play but apparently RM5 is really not enough. It is, in fact, too little. I had to use my own money to pay for the rest. Seems like the most we can book are 2 courts. I can't always pay for everyone but heck, who would want to? Still, I want to thank everyone who contributed to the "Badminton Love Fund".

There's also the upcoming jam with Mervin to warm him up a bit on Monday, I think. Then there's also the training session for vocalists and worship leaders on Thursday night as well as a small recording session with all the song writers who wish to have their songs recorded and archived on Friday afternoon. On the same day itself, we will be having training session with drummers, I think. On Saturday morning, Ryan and Jaeson will be conducting piano and PA training sessions, respectively. All that, happening in the church.

What can I say? It's gonna be a full holiday for me. Nevertheless, I think it's gonna be a fun one.


What Am I Currently Listening: Stadium Arcadium by Red Hot Chili Peppers
What Am I Currently Reading: Eros Defiled - The Christian and Sexual Sin by John White

No comments: