Wednesday, December 13, 2006

the greatest magic trick of all time


"For a few brief minutes, I strive to pull off my greatest trick of all: to make them forget they are ill."

- Daniel Sokol


I just read an article on BBC(link: here) about a guy who does magic in hospital and he calls himself a Medical Ethicist. I find the article that he wrote very interesting because it spoke to me in a pretty deep way.

It's no secret that I do magic. A lot. And I always try my best to offer to do a bit of tricks here and there, at children shows, etc.. etc... but I never seem to really put my thought into why I want to spend my time doing these things. Reading that article that I mentioned above sort-of opened up 'something' in my heart. I can't really put a finger to it but as I think about that little moment of joy that I can put into someone's life, it makes all the effort worth it.

So, I urge all of you, YF-ers(if you're reading this at all), who are involved with the Christmas Outreach Program to think carefully about what you will be doing for the kids this coming 17th as well as Christmas.

Cheers!

No comments: