Thursday, March 01, 2007

tread softly



He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

- William Butler Yeats, 1899.


What a great way to celebrate the 100th post of this blog... I first heard about this poem while I was watching 'Equilibrium' (some kickass show with great gun-tana fighting) a year or two ago. I really liked it but never thought about searching for it. After watching the film again, I went on and googled some lines of the poem and found it.

What a beautiful piece.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeats rocks! :)