Sunday, July 01, 2007

now showing #2

"Transformers! More than meets the eye!"



Wow! I just watched Transformers at MBO and I'm really impressed with Michael Bay's work. The way the movie introduced the Decepticons in the beginning of the movie was really good and there was a bit of suspense actually if you didn't know who are good guys/bad guys. It was great seeing all the main characters from the old Transformers cartoon series in the movie. However, there are differences between the movie and the cartoon series, of course but they are such minor details(okay, maybe not) but hey, who's complaining?

Bunch of great quotes thrown around, as usual but one thing that really threw me off is this: The movie is actually FUNNY. I mean, the cartoon's funny(tell me, which one isn't?) but it seems like this one's funnier! It really pays to listen carefully to the robots' banter and how ironic some situations can be.

I know I'm typing almost incoherently but that's probably because I'm still very much blown away by it. I really really like it. Makes me feel like a kid again. How wonderful that feeling can be; like you start to think that your dad's old junk car might be more than meets the eye or if that radio of yours sitting on your table really yours?

I'm imagining things. But then again, I do that all the time.

"AUTOBOTS! LET'S ROLL OUT!"





Note: I'm try to be subtle here but: WATCH IT! WATCH IT! WATCH IT! WATCH IT TWICE! NO, THREE TIMES! MORE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think this is the best movies of this summer... it's far better than Spider-Man 4, which i was having high expectation on it... but it disappointed me...

Transformers really blow Spider-Man 3 away... haha... the robots are so cool... haha...